Ostara

Ostara
Every Idea is a Seed We Plant

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Chakra Detox Diet II, Eating with Intention....


Hello friends!

As some of you know I am now a full time Mommy! Life is of course wonderful, and I am very blessed. Being a stay at home Mom is allowing me the freedom to tap into my nurturing, creative and spiritual side, more so then ever before. As some of you know I love being a food-ee and cook bake all the time. It is funny how being a Mom seems to equal FOOD- so much of my life revolves around food. Nursing, Pumping, Bottles, Pureeing baby food, and finding time to cook and eat for my husband and myself. It has all brought me back to thinking how important food is. How crucial it is to who we are.   Food is elemental, and we have all heard “ you are what you eat” before. Well, it holds truth. I have been working on my relationship with food for some time, I would like to go deeper, and was hoping you might want to join me as I learn more about my outer self, my inner self and my relationship to food. Would you like to join me in a….

CHAKRA DETOX- "As above, so below. As within, so without"

chak·ra/ˈCHäkrə (noun) Each of the centers of spiritual power in the human body, usually considered to be seven in number.

 

Chakra’s are our natural energy center or core. We all have them. If you know the rainbow, you know the chakra’s. There is the Root chakra (RED), the sacral chakra (ORANGE), solar plexus chakra (YELLOW), heart chakra (GREEN), throat chakra (BLUE), brow chakra (INDIGO) and crown chakra (VIOLET). Each energy center relates to how we relate to the world, how we act in the world, and how we manifest joy, love, abundance, etc. A while back I was just learning about chakras and felt a natural connection between food and chakras. It was something that I could understand and see and feel.  Last year I took Reiki I and II (a form of energy healing) which deepened my awareness and curiosity of our chakra’s.

So, last year I made my own chakra diet—making it up as I went a long and it was very successful (and difficult) for me! I was not perfect, I messed up a lot, but I learned a lot too. As you know there are 7 chakras, so I did a 7 week chakra diet. It was intense. And it is not just about food, even though that was a big part of it for me. It is about setting the intention on that chakra and learning about it. I wore the color of each chakra for a week, ate food with that color/intent, I studied and learned about each chakra as I went along. Basically I ate, slept, and thought about the chakra I was working on for that week intensely. Some weeks were easier then others. I learned that some chakra’s flow easier for me then for others.   After the chakra cleanse I was able to see where I needed work (simply by what was more challenging for me!) and found a lot of great books and resources on the Internet such as blogs, you tube meditation videos, and articles.

And,

I would like to plan another chakra detox, learning from what I did last time and I hope this cleanse will be even better. But, this time I would like to have with others doing it with me. I will lead the group, share the research and info I found during my last detox and we can have an on-line forum for discussions, (where if you know something you can add to it too). I  can give recipe suggestions and on-the-phone feedback when ever needed. The great thing about this is, you EAT. But is a detox so by the end you are fasting.

I am going to start with a one week crash course chakra detox to get me back into the mindset and Kick start those of you who think 7 weeks is waaaay too much! 

I plan on starting the next chakra detox on the next new moon, which is Saturday July 30th-until Friday August 5th. This is purely for fun and enlightenment! I think we will all teach each other a lot on this journey.

So are you up for a fun challenge??!! If so, let me know! I will send you a starter kit, and create a facebook group for us to chat/share etc. Each day I will email you recipe’s, hints, tips, and tricks on what that chakra IS and how to focus on it as we build up the rainbow starting with ROOT/RED on the 30th and finish with our CROWN/VIOLET. I like to start on a new moon because it is a great time to start new ventures/projects and set intentions for your future. I call it seed planting time. Every idea or goal is a seed, at the new moon you plant, at the full moon you harvest!

Keep in mind that the last day will be a fast—I suggest tea, water, smoothies, fresh squeeze juice only….if you can. If you have any health problems or have never fasted before, you can modify as you see fit. For example, I will probably do brown rice/bread and liquids, because I am breastfeeding and don’t want to put too much stress on my body.

What you need:
*A full fridge FULL of fresh veggies and fruits! Just buy  A LOT of veggies, try to buy  a RAINBOW arrangement of them! J Think ROYGBIV.
*I start each day with a juice or smoothie, so it would be great if you had a blender or juicer.
*Open attitude and heart, willingness to learn and heal yourself in and out!
*ability to share with others, things you know that might help others, or challenges so others can help you!

After the one week cleanse is over we can move on to a full 7 week challenge in the fall, that one will be much more intense and a big commitment. 


So please let me know if you want to join me!!



* I mentioned earlier that I am a certified reiki practitioner, having completed Reiki I & II in NYC. I hope to receive my final attunement (master) in the fall. If you would like to receive reiki before or after the detox let me know. I can do it, or I can suggest MY TEACHER, Natalie Berthold from www.sproutinglove.com

***I would like more practice in giving Reiki healing before my attunement and would like to ask if you or anyone you know anyone who would like to receive Reiki to please let me know.  As I am a stay at home Mom, for in person healing it would need to be evenings/weekends and in the Greenwich/Stamford, CT area where I am based. (As I do not have an office, I was thinking in home healing sessions.)  Distant healings of course could be anytime/anywhere.


In person healings-$40 for one hour session or 4 for $140.00
Distant healings-$20 for one hour session or 4 for $70.00
(*Payments can be made to my paypal account via staigepatchy@yahoo.com)

Please feel free to offer advice/spread the word.

Thank You,
PS: I have a lot of other workshops and projects that I keep thinking of, and I will want to share them with you-- my fellow friends on this spiritual journey and invite you to perhaps join me on my path for a bit while I dig deeper and follow my highest path! So I will keep you posted, but here is a quick glimpse, let me know if any sound really cool to you…

A MASK MAKING & HEALING WORKSHOP—I make masks. I often make my masks from shredded journals or notes, a great way to turn negative into positive and nurture your creative self!!

IMPROV(e) YOUR LIFE WORKSHOP—I am a graduate of the People’s Improv Theater in NYC. I love being silly and having fun, laughter IS good for the soul. This workshop is looking at comedy and improv from a healing perspective. A great way to be silly and say YES to your divine path and YES to your inner child.









No comments:

Post a Comment