Ostara

Ostara
Every Idea is a Seed We Plant

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Path...

I have been on a spiritual journey since I was very young. My Mother was a Jehovah Witness disfellowshipped for standing up to an elder in the church. I am so proud of her for doing so. Even though she was not a member of the faith--to this day she still believes much of their doctrine to be true. She taught me what she knew. I guess you could say I was home schooled in my Mothers Faith, or what was left of it. I was raised with her faith in God, but without a religious core. It was hard for me. I was segregated from the Jehova Witness's in my community because I was "worldly" and segregated from the Christians because I was not like them. I did not stand for the pledge of allegiance, I did not have birthday parties, I did not sing Christmas Songs, I did not believe in Santa or Christmas at all. My Mother told me at a very young age that she believed in God, but that she was lost. She told me--"If you want to find God you have to find him on your own"
....
And this is what I have been trying to do all my life. From a young age my mother was open to me finding God. While most kids were begging to get out of Chruch, I was begging to get in. On Sundays, I would beg friends to let me go with them to their family Church. I went to Catholic Mass, Protestant Churches--of all kinds, I even went to Sinagogs. I also spent time with Wiccan Covens. I believe in Christ. I have no doubt in God. My first "miracle" was when I was 9 years old. I wrote a letter to God-two sided. I placed the letter in a private space, when I came back then next day. the letter was in the same spot, but turned over. I knew then, that God was real and miracles did happen especially when what I prayed for happened. For a long time I was angry at my Mother for her faith and what it did to my childhood. As a young teen, I brought a Christmas tree into our home--my form of rebellion. I told my Mother I needed this. She accepted my faith. She let me transform into the person of faith that I am even though it conflicted with her own. I am grateful for her acceptance.

In March of last year, I came down with a very bad case of TMJ. I could not open my mouth. My jaw had literally seized. I was scared, but I knew spiritually it was connected to my discontent--my dis-ease. I started working with healers, meditating, trying to release. Surgeons wanted to break my jaw and reset it but due to healers, and my growing practice in the journey of self....Now, my jaw is almost 100% back to normal.

I am on a spiritual journey, I always have been....but sometimes we get lost. For a long time I have been cut off. Hard, Angry...and after many years of spiritual hibernation it seems to have reawakened within me. This blog is about my journey, my faith, my re-awakening. Last year, 2009. I seemed to emerge from my cacoon. I have been intouch with my faith again. Seeing Miracles. Feeling connected. I am so grateful for my Angels-those spiritual healers and guides, who have come in to my life to help me on my divine path.

No comments:

Post a Comment